Comment on page
At this moment we still have part of the journey divided between Brazil flow and Global flow. We will make clear here the differences and how to perform each one.
To start any User Onboarding process, there are some steps to be followed, according to the needs and specificities of each Caf. client.
If it makes sense for the client's flow to have a customized template, meaning that each step of their onboarding is created in a simple and intuitive manner without requiring code, on our platform, the first step will be to click on the "Onboarding Builder" menu and create an onboarding template according to your needs and visual identity. Once created, it should be linked to a processing flow.
If you already have an Onboarding Template created or if it doesn't align with the client's flow, the next step is to create a Query Template (for the Brazil flow) or a Workflow (for the Global flow).
It is through these tools that the creation and definition of validation rules for the execution will be carried out, according to the products that will be used and the sources that need to be consulted in the Background Check process.
After configuring the processing flow, the client needs to determine how they will conduct the onboarding process: via link, API, or through the Trust Platform.
3.1. Onboarding via link
To perform an onboarding via Link, the client must have created a Query Template/Workflow and linked an Onboarding Template to it. After completing this, on the Trust Platform, the client can click on the "Queries" menu and choose the submenus:
- "Onboarding Lists", a screen where they can view the list of all the onboarding links reated and their status. On this screen, they can deactivate and reactivate links as needed. Additionally, this screen allows the creation of new onboarding links that will be sent and used by end users. In essence, these links enable users to input the necessary information for their onboarding and subsequently be evaluated by the client company.
- "New Query", a submenu in which you can choose which option you want to carry out a queries, including an onboarding link. To create a new onboarding link, clients should follow the step-by-step instructions provided after selecting this option. The resulting link will be generated in a manner similar to the information described above.
If the onboarding template is not linked to a processing flow, when creating an onboarding link with this processing flow, the default onboarding template will be used (without client-specific branding or edits, and with the basic and standard flow that we recommend during creation).
3.2. Query via Trust Platform
With the processing flow created, the required validations have been determined, enabling the initiation of queries to validate an individual or legal entity through the Trust Platform dashboard. To do this, simply click on the "New Query" menu and select the option for "New Query". In this case, the client's operations team sends the necessary documents and information for analysis.
3.3. Integration via API
With the processing flow created, the rules and validations to be performed are defined, enabling the client to seamlessly integrate with their system.
For Query Template
Each Query Template has an API endpoint responsible for conducting an analysis (creating a transaction), and this endpoint can be found in the following locations:
- At the end of the Query Template creation, by clicking on the API option to access the Integration Guide.
- In the Query Template listing, accessed through the three-dot menu for editing, where the Integration Guide is also available.
- Or in the API Settings menu, which also contains the Integration Guide. To access it, click on the Settings item in the sidebar menu, then select API Settings.
Click on the "Settings" item in the Trust Platform sidebar menu, and then select "API Settings". On this screen, you will find the "Tokens and Mobile Keys" tab (currently under construction).
Regardless of the chosen path for conducting an person or company query, the outcome of this transaction can be viewed in the query history, accessible to the client within the Trust Platform by clicking on the "Queries" and then selecting the "Executions" submenu.
On this screen, the history of all executions will be displayed, with the ability to search by status (whether approved, rejected, pending, or processing), creation date, processing flow (KYC), and other filters.
By selecting the desired execution, more details about it can be viewed, such as OCR readings, source returns with validated or invalidated rules, and other specifics according to the service and validations defined by the client in their processing flow (KYC).
The KYB (Know Your Business) query and the results of executions via Trust Platform is different from other journeys at the moment, including the PJ journey for Brazilian clients. Here's a step-by-step guide detailing the required actions:
- 1.Upon creating a global account, the client will already have a default KYB workflow established. This means that, currently, it's not possible to create a new workflow specifically for company validations.
- 2.With the default workflow set up, the client can proceed to perform a query via Trust Platform. To start this, they need to navigate to the "Queries" menu and select the "Company" submenu. On this screen, they should select the country in which the company operates and input the company name. If they possess the company's ID, it can be added to refine the search further.
- 3.The system will promptly display potential matches sourced from our supplier databases (without running an execution yet). The client should choose the option that most closely aligns with their search criteria. It's at this point that the actual query execution will be initiated.
- 4.Following this, the same screen will present comprehensive results of the query execution. These results encompass fundamental company information, financial data, shareholder particulars, and more.
- 5.As the execution is based on a default workflow, it will always be pending for the client to carry out the manual review. This review can be carried out on the same screen where the company's information is presented. So the client can proceed to either approve or reject the company based on their analysis.
Last modified 2mo ago